Caring for people with full and partial dentures.
Keep your mouth healthy and your dentures in good condition by following a simple daily routine.
Care of Full Dentures
- Clean your dentures over a bowl of water or a sink full of water.
- Brush your dentures before soaking them, to help remove bits of food.
- Use a denture cleaner and toothbrush/nailbrush to remove stubborn stains. (Follow manufacturer’s instructions.)
- Use a soft toothbrush to clean the tongue and soft tissues.
- Leave dentures out at night to allow gums to heal.
- Store dentures in water overnight to protect from drying out. This will reduce fungal infections and warping of denture.
Care of Partial Denture Care
- Remove partial denture after eating and rinse under running water.
- Clean all the surfaces of the denture, including clasps and the surface which fits against your gums.
- Clean your own teeth by brushing for two minutes twice a day with a soft brush and use interdental cleaners, like floss, if directed by your dentist.
- Cleaning products can damage metal dentures, so talk to your dental team about how to clean them.
- Do not soak dentures with metal attachments in solutions that contain chlorine, because it can tarnish and corrode the metal.
To download our DeCare Denture Care brochure click below.