Be Toothpaste Savvy!
Toothpaste which contains fluoride is an important tool in fighting tooth decay, but do you know how much (if any) to use? It depends on the age of your child.
- Firstly use an adult fluoride toothpaste containing at least 1200 parts per million.
- For children less than 2 years start cleaning with a piece of gauze or a soft brush with water.
- Bring your child to the dentist before first birthday and ask about using fluoride toothpaste.
- At 2 years of age supervise your child using a pea size amount of fluoride toothpaste.
- Teach your child to spit out but not rinse out after brushing with fluoride.
- Do not allow your child to suck toothpaste and supervise brushing at all times.