Top 5 reasons to choose an electric toothbrush over an ordinary one!
- Modern electric toothbrushes are superior to ordinary toothbrushes in removing dental plaque and can do so in a shorter time.
- They are also effective at removing dental plaque in the embrasure areas where the teeth meet each other and are more successful than ordinary toothbrushes in this respect. The newer electric toothbrushes achieve this by the bristle tufts rotating back and forth at high frequency.
- Children over six years can be taught how to use an electric toothbrush safely.
- The novelty value can be a big motivational factor in getting both adults and children to brush their teeth and gums effectively. However, this can decrease over time leading to some complacency.
- An electric toothbrush should be considered an essential healthcare item for a person with established gum disease or for a person with a disability who is unable to brush his/her own teeth effectively.
No matter which toothbrush you choose always brush for 2 minutes twice daily with a fluoride toothpaste.
DeCare Dental is Ireland’s only dedicate dental insurer, helping you save money on your dental bills and look after your oral health. To find out more, visit DeCare Dental or give our friendly team in Claremorris a call on 094 937 8608.